Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hello and welcome

As a 12-year survivor of breast cancer who was negative for all known risk factors, I have often wondered why both my younger sister, Marcie, and I were stricken with breast cancer in our thirties.  I now believe that our history of childhood abuse was the trigger that initiated biological changes in our bodies. 

Seventy-five percent of all breast cancer cases are attributed to unknown causes.  Surprisingly, a poll I've conducted on an online breast cancer forum shows a striking correlation between early childhood abuse/trauma and the later development of breast cancer. 

I believe strongly in the mind/body connection.  Few medical experts dispute its existence.  In fact, I have discovered some medical studies researching the possible link between child abuse and breast cancer.  My book will explore these studies and the holistic approach to mind/body theory.  I will also relate survivors' stories--firsthand accounts from women around the world.

The current rate of breast cancer in women is one in eight.  By investigating this topic and shedding light on the ability of the human mind to improve one's health, I hope to lessen those odds and bring comfort to other victims of abuse by empowering them with the knowledge they need to change their lives.

3 comments:

  1. Very truthful and inspiring. There is much for people to learn about this theory and the truth behind it.

    ReplyDelete

"As to the constructive forces--know that the spiritual is the source of health, of light, of understanding, and necessarily the source of all happiness."
Edgar Cayce