Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 8, 2011

On Death and Dying

My brother-in-law, Art, passed away very suddenly this past week.  He was only 56 years old.  A tragedy for my sister, her daughter and the rest of the family.  It's difficult to get your head around a shock like this...the whys and what ifs can drive you insane.  But in the midst of deep pain there is always a greater force...a spiritual knowledge...that guides and calms me, that lets me see the bigger picture.  

Art was a great guy.  His smile could light up the room and he had friends too numerous to count.  They've been absolute angels on earth...rallying around my sister, offering comfort and compassion and whatever help she needs.  I'm in awe.  

Death is not an end.  We are eternal, spiritual beings.  We come here to learn how to love each other unconditionally without judgment.  That's no easy task and it takes several lifetimes to attain.   Our loved ones on the other side are always with us....guiding, interacting and infusing us with their love and strength.  They are closer than ever before, understanding the "big picture."   When earthly fears threaten to overwhelm me I ask for their help...and it comes.  On little cat feet.  Soothing, quiet stillness.  Listen with your heart.  Open it to the only truth that really exists.  Love is enduring.  It is forever.  

God bless you, Art.  Rock on....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"As to the constructive forces--know that the spiritual is the source of health, of light, of understanding, and necessarily the source of all happiness."
Edgar Cayce