Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2011

You are master and captain...

On the Today Show this morning, Drs. Nancy Snyderman and Susan Love discussed newest advances in breast cancer treatment and research.  Dr. Snyderman espoused looking at and treating breast cancer as a chronic disease...one managed over a lifetime...while Dr. Love is more focused on finding the cause...a virus being one possible explanation....and finding the cure.  While I'm all for finding cause and cure, I don't think they're looking far enough. 

We need to look backward...far in the past...to what really triggered breast cancer.  Therein lies the cause and the cure.  The traumas we experienced as children, when not properly addressed, can wreak havoc on our health and lives.  Those stressful negative energies/emotions turn inward, can change cell structure and may even "turn on"a genetic predisposition for cancer.  We all know that stress can make us sick.  How many of us get colds, flus and general aches n' pains when we're under a lot of stress at home, work or in our relationships?  Is it so hard to believe that significant childhood trauma can do the same or even worse?

Mind IS the builder.  It can heal or it can hurt.  We must take control of the wheel and steer ourselves into more positive directions if we are to eradicate breast cancer. 

"Invictus" by William Ernest Henley


Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

I am the master of my fate;

I am the captain of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"As to the constructive forces--know that the spiritual is the source of health, of light, of understanding, and necessarily the source of all happiness."
Edgar Cayce